Monday, September 23, 2013

Biker Babe

A few years back my dad bought a motorcycle and he and my mom have enjoyed some summer rides.  I don't know about the rest of the grandkids, but my kids have been strongly hinting every year that they would love to have a ride at some point.  I didn't know the rules of the road involving bikes, so we graciously heaped all the responsibility on my dad to decided if/when they were ready for a little tour.

Dad mentioned to Mike and I that he thought Maddie was tall enough now to ride with and asked if we were okay with him taking her on a short spin around the area.  We were fine with it and when he asked Maddie if she was interested she was SO excited for the following Monday to arrive.


Dad gave her a quick rundown of how things were going to work and a little of what to expect and what her job would be as a passenger.


You can see she was properly equipped with the perfect riding shoes.


I was a little jealous that her ride included a microphone.  Mine a couple years back involved no communication because they weren't that hi-tech back then.

Notice the white knuckles?


She was a bit nervous.  My mom thought this was funny and pointed it out to me and then proceeded to tell me this was exactly how I had looked when dad took me around the neighborhood.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.


They were gone maybe 15-20 minutes.  Maddie came back with a huge grin on her face and said she LOVED riding it and that it was so comfortable.  She said she totally understood how Grandma goes for long rides and starts to fall asleep sitting in the back.


Thanks, dad!  She had lots of fun!

No comments: