Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ciao to the Chowder

Last night I decided to try a new recipe: Corn Chowder.  We've never had it, but it sounded good to me since we all like corn.

The night prior Mike said to me, "I didn't want to say this in front of the kids, but I'm really hoping this turns out.  I really hope it doesn't taste like creamed corn.  Whoever made that stuff was an evil man; it's horrible.  But, I have low expectations, so it should be okay."

Nothing like a vote of confidence.


Mike joined us late for dinner due to some meetings.  The kids and I watched him eat it.  We had already decided he was going to hate it.  It tasted a great deal like creamed corn.  We were right.  I think he ate two spoonfuls and we dined on all the bread to fill us up.

After I try new recipes I usually write in my cookbook some notes.  Over time Mike decided that he should just tell me ideas but not write in the actual book.  He says it's safer that way for him.

When I came back in the kitchen this was his suggestion for the recipe:


Duly noted.


No comments: