Thursday, June 7, 2012

What the Smurf?!?

Mike has a horrible long term memory; it's actually a running joke in the family.  Whenever stories come up with, "Remember when..." - Mike will usually start shaking his head before the story is even finished.  It really drove his mom crazy.

So the other night we were sitting at dinner and the kids were discussing the "Smurf" movie they had just seen.  I asked if Gargamoyle was in it and they said he was.  Then I asked about Gargamoyle's cat and the kids and I sat around wondering what the cat's name was.  Mike sat down and started loading up his plate and I said, "WHAT was the name of Gargamoyle's cat??"

While loading up his burger Mike says matter-of-factly, "Azrial."

I just stared at him.  "Are you joking me?  You can't remember your third grade teacher.  You can't recall anything from childhood play times and birthday parties, but all the sudden you remember the name of a cat from a cartoon you watched 30 years ago?"

He said, "Well...you asked."


1 comment:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This post was so cute and really made me laugh! I am new to your blog. Glad I discovered it!