Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Instead of working ahead and getting the Valentine cards prepared this past weekend as we all sat around relaxing, we waited until last night.  Frankly, that should come as no surprise to me; it's how we roll around these parts it seems.

I have seen the idea for Jake's valentine floating around the Internet a couple years.  I showed it to him and he thought it was kind of fun too...


When Maddie got home from volleyball she thought they looked cool and I asked her if she wanted some too. (Being generous, we let her have the remaining nine lollipops.)  She said she didn't want her picture on them, but she had a different idea with a glass jar...


When I told her I wanted to take a picture of it last night she said, "Really?" and looked at me like, "You have GOT  to be kidding."  She had just put on her pajamas and was three minutes away from getting into bed.  Hence - she's a hand model here.

Jake and I have already started planning next year's valentine.  Hopefully this means we won't be waiting until the night before but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

SO COOL!!! And yes, I was shouting. :)