Monday, January 23, 2012

It's ALIVE!!!

Well...we finally got some snow accumulation.  You can only guess what that means!!!


We had a chance to rev up the engine and make sure everything worked!


(No....I did not practically lay on the garage floor to get this shot.  Never.)

I think we might have had...2 inches?  Sure...we could have shoveled.  However, regardless if there is a half-inch or 15 inches of new snow, you can rest assured that the snowplows will be coming down our street at 5:50am.  Then return at least three more times throughout the day.



This left us with at least 4 inches of snow at the base of our driveway.  We figured SURELY this called for motorized snow throwing.


Mike gave me a complete lesson in how all the levers work and how to turn this contraption on.  I was leery of the electric start, but it required far less steps than I imagined and I will be a happy girl on those especially cold days when I don't have to pull-start it.

I was only slightly disappointed when it didn't clear away all the snow.  I like a clean driveway when I'm through.  I guess it's something I'll have to get used to.  It worked out for the best today at least.  Under this snow there is a sheet of ice and the snow-padding provided a little traction for everyone walking into our house today.

Mike was slightly disappointed too, but for a different reason.  When he finished he looked at me and shrugged, "This would have been way more fun if we'd had two feet of snow."

Better luck next time.


No comments: