No, I'm not hand washing our laundry. But the first week of September was vacation for me from teaching and I finally tackled a project that I had been thinking about all summer.
I read the book "Junk Beautiful" which had several ideas for people to repurpose used/old items. They had created this laundry board using an old wood firescreen. They attached old nails/bolts and a chicken carrier to have shelves and places to hang things. I loved it and it was exactly what I wanted for the laundry room. I really wanted one place to hang our keys, a place for a scissor and pens as well as a spot to collect the change I find in pockets. I actually found the logo which had been painted onto their firescreen and enlarged it to copy it onto my boards.
The closer it got to making it though, the more I was thinking that having a board with our last name on it would have been a lot more personal and fitting. One night I searched the internet and came across the logo image from "Murphy's Doghouse" in Chicago. (Which I would link to, but it's under construction.) I thought it would be perfect since it was going in our dog's "room" (the dog being the only reason we actually got a "new" laundry room) and it had our last name.
I went through the same process of creating it as I did with our bingo board. This was a little more involved though because it required a picture, so it involved a lot of cutting and tracing of the logo. But, I'm really excited for how it turned out.
Thanks to my dad's collection, I found some really old, giant screws. They were perfect. I hung the mason jars from some wire and that thing at the bottom was something found at Goodwill for $1. It holds all our outgoing mail.
Now just a couple pictures of Sadie as a puppy to hang in there (which I really just have to print and hang) and this room will be complete.