Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Day!

This morning there was a knock on our door at 4:19a.m.  I opened it to find Maddie who threw her arms in the air and said, "I'm 11!"  I told her happy birthday, gave her a hug, and sent her back to bed.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that according to my clock she was two minutes early in celebrating.  I'm sure her clock said 4:21.  And I didn't want to have to wake up again.

At 7:30 we got up for real, Mike headed to the Donut Connection and Caribou for a breakfast request by Maddie.  We all ate our fill and watched Maddie open presents. 

Yesterday while driving home she said to us, "Mom...you said that you would think about if we could go horseback riding tomorrow.  Do you have an answer yet?"  I told her that I had actually said that I really didn't see us having any time tomorrow to go horseback riding, but that we probably could sometime this summer.  There was a loud sigh in the backseat and when we got home Mike followed me upstairs and started laughing saying, "I guess I'll have to remember that you can lie straight to our daughter's face and not break."

And when she opened her last gift there was an invitation inside to attend the trail ride at 1pm today (of which we had planned for weeks).  She was pretty excited and has pulled it out a couple times to look at it; as if she doesn't believe it.  I can't imagine why she wouldn't.


Our little girl is growing up right before our eyes.  I don't want to say Mike had a small panic this morning, but he did say, "She's 11.  She moves out in seven years.  Seven."  Then he told Maddie that.  She didn't believe him until he did the math for her. 

She's beautiful inside and out and we couldn't be more proud of the young lady she's turning into!


Happy Birthday, Maddie!

1 comment:

Sheri Peterson said...

It's so cute (kind of, wink wink) that she would ring the door bell at her birth time. What a cutie. She really is beautiful. I love the picture of her on the bench in her ripped up jeans and blond hair. Tell her the Peterson's say Happy Birthday. Tell Mike a LOT is going to happen before she moves out, and he should probably find a room in the house he can retreat to. lol