Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three Cheers for Tuesday

On Sunday over breakfast, I was telling my family about how my sister, Tracy, had spent all week "training" her kids for Mother's Day.  She didn't want any arguing on that day, so whenever a commercial came on or someone mentioned Mother's Day the kids would throw their hands in the air and yell, "Yay!  It's Mother's Day".  She hoped by Sunday if they started arguing she could just say "Yay! It's Mother's Day!" and they'd all get excited and stop fighting.  I'm not sure how great it worked there, but on Sunday, we had some fun with it here.

The couple few numerous times the kids started to argue, I would throw my hands in the air and yell, "Yay!  It's Mother's Day!" and they would start to giggle.  Soon, Maddie and Jake would join in and yell this if they started to disagree. 

But, it never really stopped anything...just paused the inevitable argument.  So by halfway through the day, I was solo in yelling, "Yahoo!  It's Mother's Day!"  Jake finally said, "It's getting kind of old."  This in turn, made Maddie say it an extra 50 times just to annoy him.

Tonight we were cleaning up after dinner and shockingly they started to argue about something.  I threw my hands up in the air and yelled, "Yay!  It's Tuesday!" 

Jake returned, "Yay!  That means it's NOT Mother's Day!"

I need Tracy to come up with a new plan of attack on stopping the dreaded argument.

No comments: