Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a Way to Start the Day!

Today it's my birthday.  I'm having a fabulous day, but I wanted to share what greeted me this morning:


I heard the kids get up a little earlier than normal.  I got dressed and headed downstairs to make sure they were eating breakfast.  When I got down there they popped up from behind the couch and yelled, "Happy Birthday!"  Then they led me into the kitchen where this was on the counter.  The note says, "Good Morning, Birthday Girl!" - Maddie, Jake.  (They said they left a note for me because I always put notes in their lunches.) 

Then they told me to close my eyes and led me to my computer.  Mike had to leave for a conference this morning but he left me a message:

Maddie and Jake said they wanted to do something as a surprise because they knew that their dad always had a surprise for me on my birthday. 

As a thank you to the kids I let them each eat a cupcake for breakfast that was leftover from choir last night.  Mike can have his when he gets home tonight.

It was an awesome way to start my day.  Now I'm off to take pictures because for my birthday Mother Nature gave me an overcast day! 

No comments: