Saturday, September 26, 2009

R.I.P.

This is like a "spot the difference" post:
Do you see it? Our swingset is no more. This was not an easy task. Mike had cemented it in (per my request/instructions) and he had done a really good job. He discovered just how good a job it was in trying to get the posts out.

I got home from a wedding rehearsal and Mike told me he had to tell Jake and his friends to leave the backyard so he could turn the sprinklers on. First though, he noticed that they were all standing around the grass. After telling Jake to move to the front yard he heard Jake tell them, "C'mon. We'll continue the funeral in the front yard." Mike went inside laughing thinking they were having a pretend funeral because the ground looked like a fresh burial site. He may have also thought it a little weird.

The next morning I was talking to Jake and said, "I hear you had a funeral yesterday. What was it for?" He looked at me like it was the most obvious answer, shrugged and said, "For the swingset."

1 comment:

Aunt Missy said...

out of the mouths of babes. Good one Jake. Way to go Dad. lol