Thursday, September 24, 2009

Online Shopping

Yesterday I was shopping at Target. I was looking through the sales sections and came across these.


They weren't even on sale; they expect people to pay full price for these right off the bat!

Now, I don't normally take pictures in the middle of Target of random clothes - my kids, yes - but not clothes. However, these made me cringe and laugh at the same time so for some reason I whipped out the camera and snapped a shot. Then I realized the flash went off and I would probably have security poking around wondering what I was doing. Heaven forbid I try to simulate this look at home on my own sewing machine.


So I went home and did some online browsing for what else you could find under an "animal prints" search at Target.com.



You know...because I have nothing else to do....



I came across these. Look how short that shirt is. It does not leave much to the imagination from a rear point of view. At least, I imagine it doesn't leave much to the imagination.


I can't honestly say I know anyone that could pull off this look - and I've taught a few high school girls who just might try. Oh wait...I can think of someone who pulled this look off:



Actually, I used to have a piano teacher that could probably pull off that look. She was at least 70 years old at the time. Actually, thinking harder, she probably did pull off this look several times. It's probably a memory better left repressed. She looked something like this - and I'm not exaggerating. Ask my sister or brother...

But piano teachers can be like that. Piano teachers can be weird.

Wait a minute....

Moving on.

I saw this rug next. Not the most tragic item, but I don't think I'll ever understand the concept behind having a dead animal laying on your floor still in the shape of said animal. Honestly, it would probably scare the crap out of me every time I walked into the room.

It's not natural. And, do zebras really have a mirrored pattern on each side? I bet that's not natural either. I think Target's vendors took some creative licenses.

Then I saw this beauty and I was slightly shocked that Target was carrying a halter top/bustier like this. A little out there for my beloved Target.



Then I realized it was a purse. Maybe the bottom unzips and you can slip it over head so it can do double duty. A 2 for 1 special.

You can get it in multiple prints.



Or looking like it's still bleeding...


And there's just too many things wrong with this picture.
This does not look like a happy dog. Mortified is probably more accurate. And why did this show up when I only searched under "Animal Prints".


Aahhh
...this is more what I expected to find.
Straight out of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua".

Then the kids arrived home and I had to look like I was busy.

But, I have decided I like window shopping online. I'll probably have to try it again when I'm bored and procrastinating on laundry.

And cleaning.

And cooking.

And being a wife and mother.

There just are not enough hours in a day.

No comments: