Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sleepy Honesty

The other night Jake and Maddie were running around in the basement - actually I think they were racing around using hands and feet. Anyway - somehow Jake rounded a corner and ran his head right into the corner of the post. He did fairly well through it - a bit of crying, but Grandma and Grandpa took care of him and Maddie made an ice pack for him. He told me all about it after I finished teaching and showed me the bump on his head.

About an hour or so after he went to bed I thought maybe I should wake him up just to be sure he was okay. So, I went upstairs and shook him a little, then a little more. I continually repeated his name and he was NOT waking up and just as I was getting nervous I said, "Jake! Are you awake?"

He did a little jump and mumbled, "Yep."

I said, "Jake...are you listening to me?"

He answered, "Nope."

And he was out for the rest of the night.

No comments: