Thursday, October 2, 2008

TA-DAAAAA!!!!!

Two posts in one day!


Now for the unveiling:


Why a picture of my foot??? I was so excited that I actually got to go into the basement barefoot! That's right! No more rescheduling! We have carpet! And lest you think I'm a little nutso, it was the first thing out of Maddie's mouth too! "Mom! We don't have to wear shoes to go in the basement!"


When Jake got home I opened the basement door and his eyes got wide. Then we went downstairs and very quietly he said, "Wow. When? How did you do this???" Then he actually reached down to touch it and got SO excited and sat right down and while ripping off his sock he said said, "Mom! This is the stuff you can squish your toes in!" Which is exactly what he proceeded to do. He's pretty excited because now he and his friends can run around down there to their hearts content without fear of tripping over a saw. NOT that we allowed friends down there with the opportunity to trip over a saw...friends were just never allowed down there.

So there you have it. Hopefully we can start putting together Mike's office very soon. I don't have church tonight so maybe we can even start tonight!

3 comments:

Sue H said...

AWESOME!!! It's amazing what carpeting can do. And I really like the color. It looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic and looks very homey and lovely for your "future residents".
"The Pat(s)" from Cold Spring!

Kerry said...

I'm sorry Pat(s) but our reservations are booked solid for the next few months. Please try back at a later date.
Signed: the management