Thursday, October 9, 2008

Looking for the Bat Cave

Jake got his Halloween costume last night - my parents stopped by with a Batman costume they found at Joanne Fabrics (I think this is one of my mom's favorite stores). It is complete with costume, belt, cape, and quite frankly - a really nice mask. Not one of those yucky cheap ones that tear after five minutes.

This morning the kids were ready for school early. It was picture day and they had gotten up early to get ready. Mostly Maddie got ready - Jake had about 20 minutes to spare.

So, he donned his cape and mask and set off on a crusade around the house. At about 100 mph. He ran from room to room, then would suddenly stop and ask if I had seen him - he had been so fast he was sure I hadn't noticed him. This picture was taken during some "down time".

I was more afraid of two things - 1)Jake would have this mask on and it would leave an imprint on his face that would show up great in his pictures. 2) He would run into a wall and be bruised and bloodied for his pictures. The second option isn't really a stretch of the imagination. It's been accomplished in the past (many times) the day before or of pictures.

And, while most of you who know Jake are expecting me to write that he did do one of those two things, he didn't. The morning came to a close and I drove them to school where I volunteered to help with picture day all day long. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be and went surprisingly smooth.
Tonight the caped crusader was back at it - only this time it looks like he was getting his butt kicked by an incredibly cute wicked witch.

No comments: