Monday, July 14, 2008

Check one off the Bucket List

With my dad's recent motorcycle purchase, I've realized that one of my "goals" in life can finally be accomplished! Originally, my goal was to go on a motorcycle ride before I finished college. Believe it or not, I didn't know anyone in college that owned one, and when a friend finally did show up with a borrowed one, I had a friend visiting from out-of-town that I thought it would be rude to leave. That and the fact that it was borrowed - he didn't ride it regularly - made me say no to the offer. Good thing: he took another friend out and they ran out of gas and didn't return for about 3 hours.

Anyway - Last night after dinner at my parents I got a ride around the area. After finding which helmet fit me (apparently my brain isn't large enough to warrant an X-Large size helmet) we were ready to go. Mom, Tracy & Mike were all giving me instructions on what to hold on to and as we are pulling out of the driveway I heard my mom yell, "Just relax!" Apparently I'd been sitting stiff as a board.

But, it was easy enough to relax as we got going. Very fun! Dad did great - took me on a few side streets and stopped to make sure I was okay. I was great! It was so fun! Then we went on a few bigger roads. Basically we rode around for about 20-25 minutes. How fun to just sit on the back and get to look around!

When we got back the first thing Mike said is, "Well - you look a lot more relaxed than when you left." Grandpa parked the bike and Maddie & Jake hopped on to pretend they were driving. They begged for rides and we assured them they could have them - when they turned 16 and were much taller.

So,though my "bucket list" isn't officially written down - there's one thing I can finally check off! Thanks, dad!

No comments: