Wednesday, June 4, 2008

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

It's official - we now have a first grader and a fourth grader. In fact even before leaving for the bus this morning both kids were running around yelling "I'm in first grade!" or "I'm a fourth grader". I was the voice of reality and told them they still had either 2 1/2 hours to get through (Jake) or all day for Maddie until they could yell that. Then by all means, let the world know. And yes, they both looked at me like I was a kill-joy.

Jake had a kindergarten graduation. He's been pretty "hush-hush" about this all, but they've been learning songs and he's occasionally been humming them around the house. It was a cute little program and they all got their diplomas. Grandma and Grandpa Smith were able to make it and we all celebrated with a special lunch at Panera - one of Jake's favorite haunts because of the cinnamon roll or chocolate croissant. Today they'd sold out of the cinammon roll right before we arrived - thank goodness they still had a croissant or we may have ended up somewhere else.

So - three cheers for our graduates of 2017 and 2020. It seems ridiculously far away, but I know the time will fly!

No comments: