Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

This has been a fun day. I didn't have to play for church which meant I got to sleep in past 6:30am on a Sunday! That alone is a great gift! Mike and the kids made me waffles and I got to eat breakfast in bed, read the ads and open gifts. If only every morning could be like this! I got jewelry all around from my family - do they know me or what?

I am going to share a story from a couple days ago. It's destined to become one of my favorite "Jake stories". Last Wednesday Mike needed a caffeine break from work so we treated ourselves to Starbucks thanks to a gift certificate I'd been given. Anyhoo - Jake was home from school and accompanied us. While there Mike mentioned that the kids already had their Mom's day gifts bought, but that he still had to shop and wanted to know what else I wanted for Mother's Day and Jake piped up: "Yeah, mom. What do you want? Like...(dramatic pause)...would you like a necklace....or something??" After this question he looked at me with these innocent eyes. I replied while trying to hide my smile, "Jake...I always love necklaces." Ever so slowly Jake turned his head towards Mike and gave this drawn-out, sly wink towards his co-conspirator then proceeded to drink his hot chocolate. I looked at Mike whose chin had dropped to his chest and who was now shaking his head.

Guess what I got from Jake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like you had a great Mothers day.